115283 - Overdrive Mini Kit
|IPD ITEM NUMBER||115283|
|Classification||Repair & maintenance|
|Quality Level||Better (OE)|
|Units Per Car||1|
|Warranty||One Year Parts Warranty|
|CROSS REFERENCE||4160, 4162, 3G0160, 410160|
This mini-rebuild kit contains parts to repair the most common internal failures of worn or cracked hydraulic seals (o-rings) and or broken pressure relief valve springs. Be sure to determine if you actually do have an internal problem before tearing into your overdrive as the most common reason an overdrive won’t operate is usually related to simple electrical problems.
Removing the overdrive for inspection and installation of our mini kit is not too difficult for the experienced do-it-yourselfer. In most cases the overdrive can be separated from the transmission without removing the transmission from the car. If it goes smoothly, plan for the job to take about 6-8 hours.
This kit fits:
- 1970-1974 140 models with M41 transmission and "J" type overdrive.
- (Note: you can distinguish between the earlier D type overdrive and the later J type by the fact that J types have the solenoid on the left (USA driver) side of the transmission).
- 1975-1993 240
- 1984-1992 740/760 Non-Turbo with M46 transmission and "J" type overdrive
- 1983-1992 740/760/780 Turbo with M46 transmission and "P" type overdrive that already have later style pistons with rubber only seals. "P" type overdrive will also need 2 pistons seals part 6814455.
- 1991-1995 940 Turbo with M46 transmission and "P" type overdrive that already have later style pistons with rubber only seals. "P" type overdrive will also need 2 pistons seals part 6814455.
You may have some parts left-over (unused) on some applications.
Technical Tips & Articles
Product Status & Availability
Adding items to your shopping cart and placing an order is only an intent to purchase. We will not charge you for anything until we can ship the products you ordered (if paying by credit card. PayPal is a prepayment method.) We will do everything we can to fill your order in a timely manner. You can cancel your order at any time prior to shipment.
This stocked product is available to order plus backorders are allowed.
This item is an assembled kit. It consists of multiple component items or processes that are pre-kitted or assembled by our employees and becomes a single product. In some cases, this kit could have multiple stages or processes such as machine work, powder coating or laser marking which can sometimes cause unpredictable delays in availability.
|Units available to ship:||2|