112072 - ipd Soft Loader Engine Managment Flash TuneTHIS PRODUCT IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER.
WE EXPECT MORE STOCK SOON. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.
|IPD ITEM NUMBER||112072|
|QUALITY LEVEL||BEST (BETTER THAN OE)|
This product is currently not available.
We have a new software delivery product in the works and will release information as soon as it is available.
The blue shaded area represents the increase in torque provided by the ipd software upgrade compared to the competition shown in red and the stock torque in green.
The blue shaded area represents the increase in HP provided by the ipd software upgrade compared to the competition shown in red and the stock HP shown in green. Our competitors advertise a higher peak HP rating but you can clearly see from this graph that from 2500 rpms to 5800 rpms, we make way more HP in the useable range.
Upgrading the engine management software and exhaust on your turbo Volvo is the most effective way to improve output. You can expect to see realistic and measurable gains from 33 to 53 HP depending on the model. Since 1994 we have partnered exclusively with MTE SWEDEN to bring you the world¹s most effective and reliable upgrades. We work with engineers from MTE to develop performance calibrations optimized for the North American market that retain full factory functionality, drivability and emission levels.
If you spend much time on popular Volvo performance enthusiast forums, you might have noticed that we are occasionally referred to as being too conservative in our tuning since some Volvo tuners publish higher horsepower specs than we do. Some of our competitors do make a couple of more peak HP, but if you do your homework, you will find that our upgrades provide superior real world performance and the reason is because we focus on developing the most area under the power curve with smooth linear power delivery.
Still not convinced?
It's our goal to provide you with software upgrades that deliver maximum power levels as advertised as well as being reliable without overstressing the car¹s powertrain. It might be possible to squeeze a few more ponies from certain models by running a bit more boost, but careful research and development combined with 20 years of experience in upgrading the Volvo 5 and 6-cylinder Turbo models have made our upgrades the most respected and successful in the industry.
When upgrading, it seems logical that you would want to make sure that the engine is in top tune, but this is often overlooked in the quest for instant performance gratification, which often results in poor performance from your upgrades. The increased loads can cause misfiring and other unpleasant issues. We ran across the Stage "ZERO" idea on volvospeed.com and concur 100% that you should perform these steps before making upgrades to the engine in your Volvo if it is more than 5 years old or has more than 50,000 miles on it.
Stage ZERO Tuning List:
- Check & replace spark plugs
- Air, fuel and oil filter service
- Trans fluid flush
- Inspect & replace vacuum lines and IC piping rubber
- Upgrade to silicone hoses where possible
- Test / replace 02 sensors
- Verify proper fuel flow using a fuel pressure tester and replace fuel pumps if needed
- Clean / replace injectors
- Clean intercooler / intercooler plumbing
- Compression and cylinder leak down test
ipd Soft Loader
Our direct flash tuning method had one drawback, it required our customers to send their ECU to us for upgrading, which put their car out of commission for 2-3 days and also added $150 to $200 in overnight shipping fees to the upgrade cost. We wanted to provide a solution that allowed our customers to experience the superior performance of our upgrade without the inconvenience and additional cost of sending their ECU to us. So began the quest to develop the solution that we are ready to release for sale.
The basic details are as follows:
- Our new Softloader hardware allows you to flash our software upgrades directly into your car using the OBD II diagnostic port for access in about 10-15 minutes.
- XP based (Vista and Windows 7 not supported). If you don't have an e-mail account, our software files can be transferred by disc. Please note that the softloader must remain connected to the laptop /PC during the file transfer process .
The Softloader upgrade comes supplied with cables that terminate with USB on one end and OBD II on the other. In between will be a communication / adapter device that allows your PC to communicate with your Volvo.
- The hardware is driven by a free software interface that you can download from our website and is also included on CD with the hardware.
- The hardware can be used on multiple cars, so you’ll only need to purchase the software for each additional car after the initial purchase.
The first step of the upgrade process is to read the software and hardware details from your car and then forward those files to us so we can provide you with calibrations developed specifically for your car. We realize that this may sound cumbersome, compared to some other similar solutions currently available (where this step is skipped). There is a significant difference in performance that comes from our method, and that is why we have developed this superior solution.
Once we receive data from your car, we can usually provide 2-3 day turn around on the creation of the performance calibrations specific to your model, and return these back to you via e-mail to be loaded into your Volvo’s ECU. We could bypass this step and provide a more generic tune for the base engine family, but our testing has proven that our wide scope calibration method provides the ultimate in long-term, trouble free performance.
Disclaimer: Performance products sold by IPD have not been tested or approved by any international, federal or local governing agency for street use, thus are designated for non-road or race track use only. Although every effort is made to maintain or improve upon the emissions standards and safety of your Volvo, some of our products may not be legal for street use in your region. IPD makes no claim of fitness or certification for such use and leave it up to you to research the laws of your region.
Additional Technical Information
Please see vehicle application tab for specific vehicle fitments.
The base software interface is a very simple menu driven application developed for ease of use.
- Open the softloader application on your PC,
- Plug the cable into the OBD connector on your car and the system will guide you through the brief process with clear, easy to understand screen prompts.
- We have also developed fully functional scan tool software that allows you to read and reset check engine codes as well as providing access to other diagnostic information from the ABS system, the climate control system, safety systems etc. The diagnostic software includes a cross reference database that provides a detailed description of the OBD II generic codes as well as the Volvo specific codes. Only top of the line pro level scan tools costing upwards of $2500 have this capability.
- We also developed data logging software that allows you to select from multiple OBD II monitored inputs and enhanced outputs such as boost, intake charge temp, ignition angle, knock sensor activity, etc that standard OBD scanners can not access. These inputs can be displayed in real time or recorded to a file for later playback.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We have several Volvos in our family, do we need to purchase softloaders for each car?
- What's going to happen to my factory warranty?
- What are the effects on long term durability?
- What's going to happen to my fuel economy?
- Can the performance software be detected during normal service and diagnostic procedures?
- What happens if my Volvo Dealer updates or over writes the performance software in my ECU for some reason?
- Is it possible for the software to become corrupt, revert back to stock or a lower output level on it's own?
- Other tuners alter the throttle mapping and market it as a performance improvement. Does the ipd/MTE upgrade offer this feature?
- Does ipd offer Hi Octane mapping for use when running 92-93 octane fuel?
- What happens if I'm not happy with the upgrade?
- What inputs can be logged using the softloader datalogging software?
- What systems are accessible through the softloader diagnostics?
Product Status & Availability
Adding items to your shopping cart and placing an order is only an intent to purchase. We will not charge you for anything until we can ship the products you ordered (if paying by credit card. PayPal is a prepayment method.) We will do everything we can to fill your order in a timely manner. You can cancel your order at any time prior to shipment.
|Units available to ship:||Zero|