2011 ipd Garage Sale Video Recap
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - ipd staff
It’s about that time again. Time to dust off the lens and get the right angle on the sunlight. Let’s see your best Swedish beauty shots. Every year we think that the ceiling has been reached on quality and creativity, and every year we are wrong. We’ve really been impressed with the composition and arrangements used in the past and look forward to even better efforts in the future. It’s not just about the skill of the photographer but we really value the uses and abuses that our Volvos receive in the line of duty. Remember that there is more than fame and recognition on the line, there are prizes!
By sending in your Volvo photo, you’ll get a crack at a $300 gift certificate you can use toward any ipd parts or accessories.
Again this year, the voting will be done by you, the Volvo community! We will bear the burden of sifting through and narrowing down the best of the submissions and leaving the rest up to you. We will spare you the pain of looking at low res/blurry camera phone submissions, links to Photobucket files, pics of Volvos in driveways and next to Priuses. All of which happen each and every year so please, please, we beg you, don't send us photos like these again. Also, remember this is a photo contest, NOT a cool Volvo contest. You could have the coolest Volvo in the world, but if the picture you submit of it is no good, you won't be a finalist.
- Be creative! Make the focal point of the photo be the Volvo and not the mountains or scenery behind it.
- Do not take pictures of your car in your driveway after you just finished washing it.
- Although there are exceptions, avoid having people in the photo. Most of us aren't as attractive as we think we are.
- Avoid other car makes being in the photo. It's a bit tacky to have a photo of your 850 with a Ford Explorer sitting right next to it.
- Resolution! Make your photos large enough for us to use on the cover of our catalog if we wanted to.
- Other than that, have fun and again, be creative. Take a cover worthy photo. Good luck!
Watch out because here come the details.
Details: By submitting a photo, you release the rights and allow us to use your name and photo in any way that ipd chooses. There will be one winner in each of 4 categories (Vintage 160/140/122/1800/PV/etc., Rear Wheel Drive 200/700/900, P80 850 S70 V70 C70, P2 and newer S60/V70/XC/S80/S40/V50/C30/etc) and a single “best of show” winner that will take the grand prize! Only 2 photos per person will be accepted. If you send me links to photobucket sites or forums etc. it will be impossible to enter your car in the contest so choose the 2 photos that you think have the best shot and send those in.
Entries must be received by November 19, 2010. There will be no extensions or exceptions.
Send to: ipd Photo Contest, P.O. Box 20339, Portland, OR 97294-9906* or Send your .jpg images to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
- Please submit photos in the highest resolution you can. Computer screen resolutions (800x600, 1024x768, etc) are too small for printing purposes.
- Please note that there is a 10 MB size limit per email message. If your photos are very large, please break them in to separate emails.
- *If you are mailing in a photo, please include “Photo Contest Entry“ on the envelope and your name, the year and model number of the car on the back of the photo.
- **If you're e-mailing your photo, please name the file(s) following this example: bryancottrell1970140.jpg (name,year,model,.jpg)
- The Prizes: Grand Prize Winner - $300.00 ipd Gift Certificate Best shot in each category - $50.00 ipd Gift Certificate
- The Rules: Physical photos need to be at least 5”x7” or the largest possible .jpg files. 2. If there are people in the photo, a signed release must accompany the photo.
- Limit two entries per person, please.