112855 - Timing Belt Kit with Tensioner and Idler Bearing
|IPD ITEM NUMBER||112855|
|CLASSIFICATION||REPAIR & MAINTENANCE|
|QUALITY LEVEL||BETTER (ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT)|
|UNITS PER CAR||1|
|WARRANTY||ONE YEAR PARTS WARRANTY|
|SPECIFICATIONS||ALL OE COMPONENTS|
|CROSS REFERENCE||TIMKIT005, 30758261, timkit005|
- Policies &
We recommend timing belt, tensioner bearing and idler bearing replacement every 70,000 miles.
Timing belt failure on these engines usually results in catastrophic engine damage. This is because they are non-clearance engines and belt failure means the valves will hit the tops of pistons.
Contrary to popular belief, the most common failed components are the tensioner and idler bearings. It is actually more rare for the belt on these models. A failed bearing will shred a timing belt in a hurry.
We also highly recommend replacing the water pump when replacing timing belt components. The timing belt drives the water pump and water pumps are considered a common failure component. (Water pumps are sold separately. See recommended products.)
Potential Product Fitment Issues
This kit fits specific models within specific engine serial number ranges:
- 1998 V70 with engine serial number 1266128 and higher
- 1999-2000 V70
- 1998 S70 with engine serial number 1266128 and higher
- 1999-2000 S70
- 1998 C70 with engine serial number 1266128 and higher
- 1999-2003 C70
- 2004 C70 up to engine serial number 3192745
- 2000-2004 S40 w/ 4 cylinder engine
- 2000-2004 V40
- 2001-2003 S60
- 2004 S60 up to engine serial number 3,188,688
(Excluding S60R w/ B5254T4 engine)
- 2001-2003 V70
- 2004 V70 up to engine serial number 3,188,688
(Excluding V70R w/ B5254T4 engine)
- 2001-2003 XC70
- 2004 XC70 up to engine serial number 3,188,688
- 2003 XC90 with 5 cylinder engine
- 2004 XC90 with 5 cylinder engine up to engine serial number 3,188,688
- 2004 S80 with 5 cylinder engine up to engine serial number 3,188,688
Technical Tips & Articles
Product Status & Availability
Adding items to your shopping cart and placing an order is only an intent to purchase. We will not charge you for anything until we can ship the products you ordered (if paying by credit card. PayPal is a prepayment method.) We will do everything we can to fill your order in a timely manner. You can cancel your order at any time prior to shipment.
This stocked product is available to order plus backorders are allowed.
This item is an assembled kit. It consists of multiple component items or processes that are pre-kitted or assembled by our employees and becomes a single product. In some cases, this kit could have multiple stages or processes such as machine work, powder coating or laser marking which can sometimes cause unpredictable delays in availability.