How's our website? What functionality would you like to see?
Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - KEVIN RUTLEDGE
We launched our current website in early 2007. It has been very successful for us and an extremely useful tool for most of you, but it's time to look toward the future. We are currently working on a new design and are planning to replace our site in near future.
We'd like your input. What would you like to see in a Volvo exclusive parts website?
Here are some of the plans we have for our next site:
- Very specific vehicle model filtering based on year, make, model, engine, drive train, body style, etc.
- Detailed listing of what vehicles any particular product will fit.
- Attribute filtering such as Front/Rear, Left/Right, Lower/Upper, Metalic/Ceramic, Color, Size, etc.
- Individual product FAQs
- Customer submitted questions, answers and installation tips per product (like a mini-forum.)
- Multiple product images from different angles.
- Allow customers to upload their own product images (installed, etc.)
- Add-on products: show accessory or additional products you may want with a particular product.
- Similar or related products: show alternate products that are similar to a particular product (alternate brand, etc.)
- Let me know when this product is in stock email reminder.
- Let me know when this product goes on sale email reminder.
- Allow customers to check order status and get tracking numbers.
- Allow customers to cancel back ordered items that haven't shipped yet.
- Allow customers to print a copy of the packing list or invoice for any particular shipment.
- We have designed a new category system that shows all the products in a category and allows you to narrow the search results by sub-category
Friday, April 23, 2010 - JAMES
Everything that I had thought about wanting on ipd is contained in the above list. I'm looking forward to the new site, especially the more intelligent filtering capabilities!
Sunday, April 25, 2010 - KEVIN
Any products offered on the Web Site should also be what's offered in print to avoid the need to request printed catalogs in order to find those products.
Sunday, April 25, 2010 - DON H FORD II
I would like the option of looking at either the most popular parts or ALL the parts of a section. I was looking for a reservoir cap and had to use the search a couple times to find it. Not a big deal but if I could have seen ALL the cooling parts instead of a select grouping at first, I think I would have found the cap faster. Besides, while scrolling through ALL the cooling parts, I might have seen other items to buy that I "didn't know I needed" until I saw them. Otherwise, this is a great Volvo site! DF
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - SEAN
"Customer submitted troubleshooting and installation tips" "Multiple product images from different angles" "Customer submitted images of installed products" The above is super important. As well as installation instructions, no matter how simple install may be. Your on the right track! Thanks!
Thursday, April 29, 2010 - CHAD
If the product is a kit i would like to see the rundown of the kit with the product including p/n so if I say break an interior rivit (which i did) i could order a replacement or see what i need and do not need extra.
Saturday, May 1, 2010 - BILL OWENS
More step by step videos for customer troubleshooting and hands on upgrades.
Sunday, May 2, 2010 - AARON
The actual diagram of the system the part is a piece of, i.e. the numbered parts on a page that correspond to a numbered diagram of the rear brake system for example. I use that on other sites to get a very good idea of what parts I not only need for a particular repair, but also what may go wrong and would be good to have a spare of.
Monday, May 10, 2010 - ELIJAH LANE
I'd like to see online installation instructions on more items and also more videos as Bill Owens said.
Thursday, May 20, 2010 - IPD
In response to the request for the website to match printed catalogs... We are adding product listings frequently but we only print catalogs once a year so obviously they are falling behind the website. Our website has about 20-30% more products than our printed catalogs.
Friday, May 21, 2010 - SCOT CARR
. LARGER TYPE FOT, PLEASE. old guy eyes.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - ANONYMOUS
I'd like to see more hard number test results for different performance applications.
Thursday, May 27, 2010 - MARVIN KLUTTZ
I would like to see a portion of the site which would have the tooth count on the various Volvo manual transmissions (M4, H6, M30, M41, M46, etc) so that the identity of a disassembled transmission may be checked by counting the gear teeth.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010 - CHARLIE
I appreciate your archive of old newsletters, but it is not too helpful to know what was formerly on sale. After a sale has ended, I would prefer for you to strip out the tech tips and feature articles and post these individually in a searchable form (preferably as pdf files), if that would not be too difficult. Thanks for asking!
Monday, June 14, 2010 - DUANE KELLER
Add Pay Pal. Thanks
Monday, November 22, 2010 - DAN
you need readers rides or something. some sort of Forum. right now people only come on to purchase. turn it into more of a social site...
Tuesday, April 3, 2012 - ANONYMOUS
i have 4 saved carts. it would be nice to link them together after saving them so you could have just one cart. also, when i reload a saved cart it doubles the order. if i saved 2 parts in will reload with 4 parts. this is all something that should be improved. also have a category that is just for performance for each car. like turbos, projector lights, downpipes etc all on one category. also i am very eager to see what items will be discounted and by how much for the garage sale